Monday 16 May 2016

Memories.... and the beautiful lessons.......

"Memories are like drops of perfume.....
             No matter how much you preserve them.... 
                      They will fade away anyway......."


As I stepped into the balcony adjoining my room, I was greeted with a soft gentle breeze coming from the night sky.... The pleasant weather drifted my thoughts to ...

That little girl who in a gush of excitement of learning to ride bicycle fell down on the pebbles lying on the concrete road. As soon as she noticed her bruised knees she started wailing...
 "Get up.. we don't have time to cry .. Practice will make you better at it....." her dad shouted out loud
"how come dad appeared from no where:)", she thought, she smiled and hugged him. All her pain vanished in an instant.

<<<Blink>>>>

Now in front of me was a teenager on her swing.. Singing merrily and enjoying the spring and greenery around the city park, when all of a sudden "Dhuuuuuuuuuppppp"... the swing got dismantled.. Down she was crying profusely ... Dad came rushing towards her.. She knew he would appear whenever she would be in trouble... But she was not ready for what came next..
Dad , instead of picking her up, started laughing and told her... "I am proud that you fell. The one who knows what it means to fall , would always appreciate the effort it takes in rising back up ... and would enjoy the rising much more than others."
Little did she know that this was going to be one of the greatest lessons for the rest of her life...



<<<Blink>>>

And there was a marriage pandal.. This time dad was crying. She was silent and bold enough to face her new world .... " Dad I know its tough ... but with you by my side all these years I will be able to make it.."    Dad smiled with teary eyes and said," No matter where you are.I will always be there whenever you would need me." That  reassurance was enough for her to walk away peacefully...


<<<Blink>>>
"Mumma, how much more time you would be standing out in the balcony.. come na I need a glass of water.".... ...I gave my 8 year old a stern look when he retorted back....."mmmmm...actually I need a hug mumma... I am feeling scared...."
Now was my turn to be on the other side of the table ... Here I was hugging my 8 year old and telling him... "Monsters feel scared darling ... that's why they are monsters:):)"


P.S. :--Its is rightly said,"People change, priorities change, but those who are special will always reserve that special place....."

Indeed memories are like drops of perfume.. but unlike them, memories when retort back come out as fresh as they had always been:)



4 comments:

  1. And this is some writing, I should say, superbly written... keep it up Ma'm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing is best thing, if I am talking in your area, age is that parameter of life, which grow up with time and it should be with the memories also, few memories will fade up and new will establish,who can care...

    ReplyDelete